Thank you for visiting my page! I live in the Richmond area and offer individual and couples therapy for men and women of all ages and lifestyles.
Please feel free to call me for more information or to schedule an appointment at (804) 615-2222. Your call is important to me. I have a confidential voicemail that I check throughout the day, so be sure to leave me a message if I'm unable to answer. I will return your call as promptly as possible.
Why do people seek professional counseling?
People find counseling useful in many ways, just some of which may include:
- improving one's ability to manage anxiety, depression, grief, stress and anger;
- clarifying thoughts and feelings about relationships, experiences, and situations;
- becoming more effective at problem-solving and decision-making;
- enhancing various skills (e.g., communication, assertiveness, conflict resolution);
- increasing self-awareness and understanding of relationship patterns;
- learning how to make positive changes in relationships; or
- transforming crises and difficult transitions into opportunities for personal growth.
Whatever your reasons are for considering therapy, feeling comfortable with your therapist is very important. My goal is not only to offer you a comfortable space to speak freely about your thoughts and experiences, but also to provide you with tools and strategies to incorporate into your daily routine. Your time with me is important. I will listen to you, ask questions to gain further understanding, and offer insight and ideas in an objective, thoughtful, and supportive way.
My Office Hours
My office is located in the Monument Professional Building at 5500 Monument Avenue (Suite A). It is two blocks east of Libbie Avenue on Monument Avenue. It is convenient to the Fan, Museum District, Near West End and Northside. Parking is easy, in the sizable lot in front of the building.
Insurance and Fee Information
I am currently an in-network provider for the following insurance company:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
If you choose not to use insurance, the individual therapy rate is $125 for the initial appointment and $110 for every following session. The couples therapy rate is $125 per session. Sessions last 45 minutes. If you are paying out of pocket because I do not take your insurance, and you have out-of-network benefits with your insurance company, I can provide you with the information you will need to obtain partial reimbursement from your insurance company for our sessions.